Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Story of OPEN HEARTS

After 9/11 I began a series that I titled "Open Hearts". My original intention was to make one for each person who died that day....Each of the "Hearts" that I made was numbered and on the back I put a card with a little explanation about what it stood for. Well, my goal was a little over ambitious and after 200 or so I kind of got burned out on them so I stopped making them. But people kept asking for them. In fact, I sold almost every one I created. But, I needed to work on other things and the ideas for the "Hearts" just weren't coming to me. So I shelved the series for a while. I figured I would probably start making them again someday when it felt right.

Now, after years have passed I have started making "Open Hearts" again. This time I am going to post them to my blog as I finish them. A friend of mine who is a fan of the "Open Hearts" told me they are like mandalas to help people focus on opening up their own hearts. All I know is making them does do something special for me...and if others find their own healing in my art then the original intention has come full circle.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment