Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Streams of Life; North Carolina's 40,000 miles of creeks and rivers


As a native of North Carolina and one who feels we have an obligations as human beings to protect the environment for future generations, I am extremely concerned about the irreversible damage that can occur to the underground aquifers that will be polluted with toxic chemicals if our elected officials sell us out to the interest of corporate greed by allowing "fracking" to take place in our state.

I worked for over a year on a painting that I hoped would help people see our beautiful state as part of a living organism. It is now available as a signed print.

I grew up playing in a creek beside my childhood home in Jackson county and that same stream has been played in by generations of children stretching back before written history. Don't future generations deserve an environment that is safe?

No comments:

Post a Comment