Monday, September 22, 2014

Bella's Eyes



Recently I was trying to come up with ideas for a brochure to advertise my new service, pet portraits.  I wanted something eye catching on the cover...   

Then I remembered, it's all about the eyes!  I decided I needed some images of dog's eyes for reference.  I found Bella visiting at a friends' home...  Funny thing, the painting looks so much better than the photos I took!



"Bella"
watercolor and mixed media
image size: 12 x 5-1/2 inches

framing is available
click on image to enlarge



I am excited about this new series!  Just a few weeks ago, I was asking the muses to lead me to an inspiration for a new series of artwork.  I am struck by how focusing on the eyes seems to accent the individuality of the animal.  Looking into the "windows of the soul", one sees something more...  I am hooked!








No comments:

Post a Comment