Wednesday, December 3, 2014

'Tis the SEASON OF THE SOUL...


 Recently I was contacted by a woman who lives in California.  She told me that she had something that belongs to me...

About twenty or so years ago, I was vacationing in Provincetown, MA, a small tourist town at the tip of Cape Cod. I was on cloud nine because a gift shop there (Womencrafts) had just accepted my Seasons of the Soul prints to sell. I had left some prints with the clerk to show the store owner.  Someone from the store called me at the b and b I was staying to give me the good news.  I remember running down the street to the store like Forrest Gump!  When I got to the shop and walked in the door, the clerk was just handing a customer one of my prints that had just sold!  This account would turn out to be a phenomenal sales source for me over the next several years.

Back to the story... A woman who was staying at the same b and b offered to help try to find me a store to sell them on the west coast.  She was from California.  When I got back home, I packed up some prints and shipped them to her.  She wasn't able to find a store.  I remember her contacting me to say she was moving and she was leaving the prints with a friend.  After that I lost track of the prints and chalked them up as a lost cause.  

It turns out, the friend with whom she left my prints, passed away back in 1997.  A friend of hers ended up with them and when recently, she was cleaning out some old things, she came across them and looked me up on the internet.

I was so touched that she had kept them safe and secure all these years.  When I mentioned the cost of shipping them, she offered to pay for the shipping, saying it was something she wanted to do.  She said she had one of the Seasons of the Soul prints hanging in her home and had enjoyed it for many years.

The packages were delivered today.  Two large boxes containing fifty prints in mailing tubes and eight matted and shrink wrapped.  The box with the eight matted ones was the original box I had shipped them in.  I could see my handwriting on it.  I opened it and pulled out one of the matted prints that I had last touched over twenty years ago.  It was kind of like opening a time capsule.  I can't believe I sent so many prints!  I must have been out of my mind with optimism!  And to think they would have been returned to me more than two decades  later in the same condition I sent them out...


But since Seasons of the Soul has taken on a life of its own over the years, it gets some of the credit in this story.  And I want to share the love with a special offer for the holidays for those who like to share the print as a meaningful gift.



'Tis the SEASON OF THE SOU
SPECIAL OFFER

25% OFF!!!
Hand signed SEASONS OF THE SOUL prints

$30 
(regularly $40 each)

 free shipping within the continental US
shipped in mailing tube

sale ends Dec. 12th


click on image to enlarge
Seasons of the Soul
image size:  29 x 7 inches approx.



Contact me for purchase information.   My email:
sots11@hotmail.com

I use paypal for online purchases.

Please let me know if you prefer another method of payment.



2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, Marcia framed Seasons of the Soul and gave it to me for Christmas .I am thrilled to have such a beautiful piece of artwork hanging over my piano...especially since it's by you...By the way, you're photo doesn't even do it justice! Hope you life is going well for you these days...Joan Marshall Keever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to purchase seasons of the soul in the 29 x 7 format. Can I make those arrangements directly with you?

    ReplyDelete