Sunday, August 9, 2015

Family Woods



This watercolor painting was commissioned by a friend I have known since elementary school.  She contacted me a few months ago to ask me if I would be interested in making a special painting for her mother's 80th birthday.  She said the family would be gathering at the beach in August for a big celebration (all 80 of them!).  



watercolor
image size: 16 x 20 inches
click on image to enlarge

She requested a mountain scene with groups of trees to represent the 3 daughters, the 17 grandchildren, and the 10 great grandchildren.  I sent her a photo of a drawing of the layout for the painting for her approval.




She liked the drawing and asked if I would add an inscription to the rock in the foreground.  The hawk soaring in the distance was my idea.

As I was adding the finishing touches to the painting, I got a message from her asking if I would add another tree to the great grandchildren group to represent the newest addition to the family!

Once the painting was finished, I took it to my printer to have a high resolution scan made so that after she presents the painting to her mother, family members can order a fine art print of the painting for a special keepsake.

Then I packed up the painting and shipped it to her.  





No comments:

Post a Comment