Saturday, March 15, 2014

EQUINOX ART SHOW & SALE


In celebration of the the coming SPRINGI am posting the    SPRINEQUINOX ART        SHOW SALE.




After a long winter, everyone is so ready for Spring!  I love the Spring!  Where I live in Durham, NC, I am less than a mile from Duke Gardens.  One of my favorite things to do in the spring is to take my sketch book and camera and go to the gardens.







(click on images to enlarge)
matted size:  11x14 in.
medium: pencil and conte' pastel
unframed
price: $35 each or all 4 for $120









I just love it when the tulips bloom at the gardens!  There are all the flowering trees blooming at the same time.  Magnolias, tulip trees, flowering pear and cherry!  There is white flowering tree (I think it's a cherry) that blooms every year while the tulips are in full bloom.  It only peaks for a few days each spring and I have been lucky enough to catch it a couple of times.  It is absolutely stunning against the deep blue sky.


This year the SPRING EQUINOX falls on Thursday, March 20th.  Over the next several days I will be posting new art as well as sketches and drawings from my sketchbooks.  




"The deep roots never doubt spring will come."
                                                         ~Marty Rubin


more art coming soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment