Sunday, March 16, 2014

EQUINOX ART SHOW & SALE





Years ago an artist friend told me that I should sell my drawings and I have been slow to take her advice.  She told me that drawing is my strongest suit.  I suppose that should come as no surprise since when I was a small child my mother would give me pencil or crayons and paper to keep me occupied.  I have been drawing ever since, more than 50 years.

I have started going back through some of my sketch books to see what might be appealing.  

Here is a drawing that I came across.  I have always felt that the Seasons of the Soul figures filtered up from a deeper and ancient awareness, call it the collective unconsciousness, if you will.  So I imagined that an ancient ancestor had once drawn them on the wall of a sacred cave thousands of years ago.




pencil on paper
(click on image to enlarge)
size:  14x17 in.
unframed drawing: $85
matted and framed: $165




Inner Chamber












(click on image to enlarge)



This is a drawing I did from a photograph of my very special kitty friend, Greeter, who died several years ago. 



I have done a few pet drawings over the years.  A nicely framed pencil drawing is an affordable way to celebrate the life of a special friend.  Here is a recent request for a drawing of a very sweet dog named, Rick.


click on image to enlarge



more art coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment