Wednesday, September 18, 2013

SEASONS OF THE SOUL ~ harmony

     



   

      inner peace...



detail from SEASONS OF THE SOUL
©1993 Stephanie E. Robinson



As I mentioned in the beginning, there were no subtitles when the figure symbols that make up the Seasons of the Soul came to me over a period of time...They were just little individual doodles in a sketch book.  Later, after I had a chance to see people's reaction to the sequence, I realized that it would be helpful to add subtitles...  But this was a difficult thing, to try to label these symbols that represented far more than a word or two...  

So I did the best I could to come up with subtitles before it was published in 1993.  The print was published with the process known as offset lithography.  Now when I look at the "harmony" figure, I cannot help but think of the centeredness I feel as a result of regular meditation.  Back then, I didn't have a clue about meditation.  For the last ten years or so, I have meditated on a regular basis... There is scientific evidence that meditation can change your brain over time.  It has changed my life.  And when I go for a period without meditating, even just a couple of days, I begin to feel out of balance.







No comments:

Post a Comment