Saturday, September 7, 2013

SEASONS OF THE SOUL ~ rebirth



         


transformation...



Detail from SEASONS OF THE SOUL
©1993 Stephanie E. Robinson





I have always struggled with the idea of going public with my work in a much bigger way.  It used to be easy to rationalize that I just couldn't afford to promote my work a bigger way... I couldn't afford a web designer to set me up a website.  I couldn't afford a new computer... etc...   But along the way I realized that promoting my work meant promoting myself and I... I guess I didn't really believe deep down that I was worthy... 

Recently I began to realize that it was my fear that was holding me back.  Yes, fear ruled.  And I let it.  I served it by becoming a master of rational excuses why I couldn't be more "successful" in my art career.  

What was I afraid of?  I am not sure.  The work that I create requires me to pour my heart and soul into it and then put it out there for the world to see...


...and that visibility which makes us most vulnerable is also that which is the greatest source of strength.

                                                                                             ~Audre Lorde




Please click on ClustrMap so your visit will be counted.

No comments:

Post a Comment